Year of qualification:
Areas of expertise:
- General surgery
- Laparoscopic (Keyhole) surgery
- Upper GI surgery
- Bariatric/metabolic (weight loss) surgery
- Thursday afternoons
- Friday afternoons
- Ad-hoc appointments available upon request
Services currently provided:
Laparoscopic (keyhole) procedures available:
- Cholecystectomy (removal of gall bladder)
- Repair of groin hernia (inguinal/femoral)
- Repair of abdominal wall hernia (umbilical/epigastric/incisional)
- Repair of hiatus hernia
- Roux-en-Y and mini gastric bypass (weight loss procedure)
- Gastric sleeve (weight loss procedure)
- Gastric band insertion (weight loss procedure)
- Nissen fundoplication (surgery for acid reflux)
Other procedures available:
- Open hernia repair
- Removal of ‘lumps and bumps’ (lipoma/sebaceous cysts)
- Diagnostic endoscopy
Mr Brij Madhok specialises in laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery, General and Upper GI surgery, and Bariatric / Metabolic (weight loss) surgery. He commenced his surgical training in India, and underwent further specialised surgical training in London, Manchester, and Yorkshire. He undertook the prestigious Sunderland bariatric fellowship before his appointment at the Royal Derby Hospital as a consultant surgeon.
Mr Madhok is an avid teacher, and is actively involved in teaching medical students and training junior doctors. He regularly teaches on advanced laparoscopic (key hole) surgery training courses and other surgical training courses.
Outside medicine, he loves spending time with his young family, walking, cycling and playing squash!
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland (ALSGBI)
- Association of Upper GI Surgeons (AUGIS)
- British Obesity and Metabolic Surgical Society (BOMSS)
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
- Royal College of Surgeons England
Mr Madhok was awarded Doctor of Medicine (MD) by University of Leeds for his work in cancer research. He also undertook a Postgraduate diploma in clinical health research at University of Leeds. He has a keen interest in research, especially in the field of weight loss/metabolic surgery. He has a number of publications in peer-reviewed medical journals. He has presented at national and international conferences and meetings.
Other specialist areas:
- Laparoscopic (keyhole) groin hernia surgery
- Mini gastric bypass
Mr Brijesh Madhok works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Allianz Partners
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Healix Health Services
Mr Brijesh Madhok does not hold a share or financial interest in Derby Private Health.
Mr Brijesh Madhok does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at Derby Private Health.
Mr Brijesh Madhok does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Derby Private Health.
To find out more or arrange a consultation, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us now on 01332 785200