Areas of expertise:
- Keyhole Hysterectomy
- Keyhole Removal of ovary and treatment of endometriosis
- Management of all Gynaecological Cancers
- Treatment of abnormal smears and Colposcopy
- Vulval Conditions
- Gynaecological Cancers
- Ovarian Cysts
- Menstrual problems / Heavy periods
- Pelvic Pain / Pain with intercourse
- Abnormal Smears
- Wednesday AM
- Thursday AM
- Friday PM
- Ad-hoc appointments available as requested
Services currently provided:
- Keyhole Hysterectomy
- Total Laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic treatment of endometriosis
- LLETZ; Colposcopy
- Open Hysterectomy
- Lapaoscopic oophorectomy
Mr Summi Abdul Qualified from Leeds University in 1995. He has worked at a number of Centres of Excellence in Obstetrics and Gynaecology – Including St James’s Hospital, Leeds; Leeds General Infirmary, Bradford Royal Infirmary, Northampton, Kettering, The John Radcliffe at Oxford, Sheffield Royal Infirmary, Tolouse, Ispwich, Hull and the Royal Derby Hospital.
He attained his CCT in Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Gynaecological Oncology in 2006. He has been a Consultant since 2006.
He has a strong interest and expertise in Keyhole surgery and is a nationally recognised expert in Keyhole surgery – Teaching other consultants nationally and internationally.
He is the Founder and Director of the DELTA centre.
- 2012-2014 Supervisor to MD research Doctor looking at K+ channels in ovarian cancer
- 2007-2012 Recruitment of patients to ASTEC trial, Endometrial cancer study, Yoga trial and ovarian cancer screening studies.
- 2003-2006 Research project, ‘Evaluation of cervical impedance spectroscopy in the detection
of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia and associated correlation in the expression of cell
adhesive molecules’. Clinical and laboratory based project at the Royal Hallamshire
- 1992 1 Year lab based research project into the antibacterial properties of an anti-ulcer
drug, Sucralfate against organisms commonly causing nosocomial pneumonia in
ventilated ICU patients. The research findings were presented and later published.
Recommendations were made that ventilated ICU patients should receive stress ulcer
Prophylaxis using Sucralfate rather than antacids.
- Royal College Of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
- British Gynaecological Cancer Society
- British Medical Association
- Medical Defence Union
- National ATSM Officer RCOG 2018
- MRCOG Examiner RCOG 2018
- Hindi – Fluent
- Urdu – Fluent
- Panjabi, Punjabi – Fluent
Mr Summi Abdul does not hold a share or financial interest in Derby Private Health.
Mr Summi Abdul does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at Derby Private Health.
Mr Summi Abdul does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Derby Private Health.
To find out more or arrange a consultation call us now on 01332 785200 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org