Year of Qualification:
Areas of Expertise:
- Lower limb arthroplasty (hips & knees)
- Revision knee surgery
- Complex primary knee replacement
- Unicompartmental knee replacement
- Knee osteotomy
- Arthroscopic knee surgery
- Lower limb trauma
- Ad-hoc appointments available upon request
After training at Birmingham University, Mr Pickering undertook basic surgical training in Leicester and specialist orthopaedics training in Nottingham. An additional year was sponsored by a competitively awarded research fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons resulting in a Doctorate of Medicine for research into novel treatments for Orthopaedic Infection.
Mr Pickering undertook a sabbatical at the Harvard-affiliated Brigham and Women’s Hospital Boston, USA, working with several internationally renowned knee arthroplasty surgeons. In addition he spent a year on fellowship in Brisbane, Australia, focusing on hip and knee arthroplasty, knee revision and sports medicine.
Mr Pickering has published, presented and taught nationally and internationally. He continues an active interest in research and teaching, working closely with industry on taking forwards innovation. He performs over 250 to 300 arthroplasty procedures a year.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons
- MedCo accredited
To find out more or arrange a consultation, email us at email@example.com or call us now on 01332 785200