Year of qualification:
Areas of Expertise:
- Prostate, kidney, bladder, penis, oesophageal and stomach cancer
- Neuroendocrine and lung cancer
- Radiotherapy: 3D conformal radiotherapy, Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy along with IGRT
- Chemotherapy, biological therapy and novel anticancer therapy
- Tuesday and Wednesday PM
Dr Prantik Das completed basic medical training in UK and awarded MRCP in 2009. He subsequently joined Clinical Oncology training programme in Northern Ireland deanery. During his training he obtained post graduate diploma from University of London in Oncology. After completion of his FRCR in 2013 he went for Proton Therapy Fellowship at University of Florida, USA.
He is very interested in hypofractionated radiotherapy as a means to escalate radiation dose to tumour and improve outcomes for men with locally advanced prostate cancer. This radiotherapy can be optimally delivered with High Dose Rate brachytherapy or with Image Guided Stereotactic Ablative Radiotherapy (SABR).
Dr Das has been actively involved in various national and international clinical trials. He is a first author of number of publications in peer reviewed journal.
- P Das, S Mckinstry , A Devadass ,B Herron,S Jonnada,J A Harney ,D S Conkey: Are we over treating Pineal Parenchyma Tumour with Intermediate Differentiation? Assessing the Role of Localised Radiation Therapy and Literature Review: Springerplus Neurology. 2016; 5: 26
- El-Helali, A, Das, P, Jain, S, Mitchell, DM, Shum, L, Stewart, DP & O’Sullivan, JM 2014, ‘From trial to practice: The Northern Ireland cancer center experience with abiraterone acetate in men with metastatic castration resistant prostate cancer’, vol 32, no. 15 Suppl, e16101.
- Das P, Lawless S, Benson G: Systemic therapy in management of Acquired Haemophilia, submitted to European Journal of Haematology(under review).
- P Das, D Conjey, J Harney : Localised radiation therapy for pineal parenchymal tumour with intermediate differentiation :A single institute experience published in Neuro Oncology Journal 2014 16 (suppl 6): vi3 doi:10.1093/neuonc/nou249.13
- Das P, Shum L, Mitchell D: Outcome of Abiraterone in metastatic prostate cancer: An audit to assess real life experience in Northern Ireland abstract publication in Clinical Oncology Volume 26, Supplement 1, June 2014.
- Das P, McCarty H: The shape of soft tissue sarcoma services in Northern Ireland: An Audit to evaluate current practice abstract publication in Clinical Oncology Volume 26, Supplement 1, Page S5, June 2014.
Dr Prantik Das works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP International
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Prantik Das does not hold a share or financial interest in Derby Private Health.
Dr Prantik Das does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at Derby Private Health.
Dr Prantik Das does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Derby Private Health.
To find out more or arrange a consultation, email us at email@example.com or call us now on 01332 785200