Year of qualification:
- Friday 2-4pm
- Ad-hoc evening appointments available as required
Areas of expertise:
- General surgery
- Laparoscopic (Keyhole) surgery
- Benign and malignant upper GI surgery
- Bariatric / Metabolic surgery – Weight Loss Surgery
- Laparoscopic hernia repair
- Anti-reflux & hiatus hernia surgery for treatment of heartburn and acid reflux
- Investigation and treatment of upper GI symptoms
- Endoscopy, including Gastroscopy & Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Diagnostic laparoscopy, including division of adhesions
- Surgical management of gallstones, including bile duct stones
- Surgical treatment for abdominal hernia
- Management of heartburn & reflux
- Management of oesophageal motility (swallowing) disorders including Achalasia (Myotomy and balloon dilatation)
- Management of gastric (stomach) and oesophageal (gullet) cancer
- Laparoscopic gastric band, gastric balloon, gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy & revisional weight loss procedures
- Director of education and Member of Council of Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons (ALSGBI)
- Association of Upper GI Surgeons (AUGIS)
- British Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society (BOMSS)
- British Society of Gastroenterology (BSG)
- British Medical Society (BMA)
- Secretary Elect for Grey Turner Surgical Club (GTSC)
Paul Leeder qualified as a doctor from the University of Sheffield in 1989. He trained in surgery in Nottingham, Leeds and Oxford, followed by a specialist fellowship in laparoscopic (Key-hole) surgery in Adelaide, Australia.
Mr Leeder is on the Specialist Register and commenced a full-time consultant post in general, upper gastrointestinal and laparoscopic surgery at Derby in 2002.
Mr Leeder has had specialist training in obesity (weight loss) surgery in Adelaide, Lyon, Hamburg and Leeds. He is a member of the British Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society and the British Obesity Surgery Patients Association.
Mr Leeder’s main areas of interest include treatment of obesity, gastro-oesophageal cancers, reflux disease, gallstones and hernia. He is Director of Education & Council Member of The Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland. He is also a member of the Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons and the British Society of Gastroenterology.
A multidisciplinary team including specialist nurses, dieticians and anaesthetists look after all patients under Mr Leeder’s care. All of Mr Leeder’s surgical outcome data is submitted to national cancer and bariatric audits for peer review.
- Upper GI cancer
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux
- Weight loss surgery
Mr Paul Leeder works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
Mr Paul Leeder does not hold a share or financial interest in Derby Private Health.
Mr Paul Leeder does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at Derby Private Health.
Mr Paul Leeder does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Derby Private Health.
To find out more visit Mr Leeder’s website www.thelaparoscopicsurgeon.com
To find out more or arrange a consultation, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us now on 01332 785200