Year of qualification:
Areas of expertise:
Adult and Paediatric Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgery, with a special interest in:
- Complex Ear Surgery
- Facial Nerve Disorders
- Facial Pain
- Complex Voice Disorders
- Non-Surgical Facial Aesthetic procedures
Why not join Professor Judd at one of his upcoming open evening events to find out more about his services? Book your place here.
- Tuesday November 6th, 7pm
- Alternate Tuesdays, 2-7pm
- Fellow of The Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Fellow of The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Member of The Royal College of Physicians of Glasgow
- Diploma of The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Fellow of The Royal Society of Arts
- Council Member of The British Society of Rhinoplasty Surgeons
- British Voice Association
- Midlands Institute of Otology
- British Society of Otology
- European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery
- European Society of Neurotology
- Medical Protection Society
Professor Judd qualified in Medicine from the University of Nottingham in 1998. Prior to surgical training, he trained in Anaesthetics and Paediatrics. He completed Higher Surgical Training in ENT in Plymouth, Southampton, London and the East Midlands.
Professor Judd has a special interest in Laryngology (Voice disorders) and Neurotology (disorders of the brain and ear, especially balance, dizziness and facial paralysis). He undertook a specialist Fellowship in Neurotology and Otological implantation at Queen’s Medical Centre in Nottingham. He runs specialist Voice, Balance and Dizziness clinics for both adults and children alongside Otology (Ear), and general ENT clinics. He also has expertise in complex facial pain and migraine.
Professor Judd’s surgical expertise includes complex mastoid and ear surgery, including Stapedectomy and Ossiculoplasty. He has a special expertise in Bone Anchored Hearing Aids (BAHA) having been one of only a handful of surgeons in the UK to be trained in a new fully implanted, magnetic device.
In voice disorders, Profesor Judd has surgical expertise in complex cases including the use of trans-oral laser surgery and is in the process of training in trans-oral robotic surgery for voice disorders.
Outside the NHS, he has an interest in Facial Plastic Surgery and Non-surgical Facial Aesthetics. He is a Member of the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery. Professor Judd is highly experienced in the use of injectable treatments for facial rejuvenation and has successfully treated over 1,300 satisfied patients.
Jointly with a Consultant colleague in Leicester, he has pioneered a new aesthetic treatment in the UK, the TimeNet (www.thetimenet.com). He is a national trainer in this revolutionary technique. He also has extensive experience of injectable treatments for Migraine and excessive sweating (Hyperhidrosis).
He is a recognised lecturer and teacher, holding the position of Honorary Assistant Professor of the University of Nottingham and has a Post-graduate Diploma in Clinical Education. He has trained many medical students and junior doctors.
Professor Judd is actively involved in research in all aspects of ENT, but especially complex ear disorders, balance disorders and the voice. He has published over 45 research papers in national and international journals and four book chapters. He has published one textbook and is currently writing two further books.
Other specialist interests:
- Neurotology (Brain and Ear disorders – balance, dizziness, Tinnitus, Facial Paralysis
- Laryngology (Complex voice disorders)
- Facial pain and migraine
- Facial plastic surgery
- Non-surgical facial aesthetics
Services currently provided:
- Full range of ENT Surgical procedures, including a comprehensive paediatric surgical service.
- Cosmetic procedures
Professor Owen Judd works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health
Professor Owen Judd does not hold a share or financial interest in Derby Private Health.
Professor Owen Judd does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at Derby Private Health.
Professor Owen Judd does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Derby Private Health.
To find out more or arrange a consultation, email us at email@example.com or call us now on 01332 785200