Year of qualification:
Areas of expertise:
Adult and Paediatric Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgery, with a special interest in:
- Complex Voice Disorders
- Complex Ear Surgery
- Facial Nerve Disorders
- Facial Pain
- Non-Surgical Facial Aesthetic procedures
- Alternate Tuesdays, 2-7pm, Alternate Wednesdays, 2-5pm
- Fellow of The Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Fellow of The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Fellow of The Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Glasgow
- Diploma of The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Fellow of The Royal Society of Arts
- British Voice Association
- Midlands Institute of Otology
- British Society of Otology
- European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery
- European Society of Neurotology
- Medical Protection Society
Professor Judd qualified in Medicine from the University of Nottingham in 1998. Prior to surgical training, he trained in Anaesthetics and Paediatrics. He completed Higher Surgical Training in ENT in Plymouth, Southampton, London and the East Midlands.
Professor Judd has a special interest in Laryngology (Voice disorders) and Neurotology (disorders of the brain and ear, especially balance, dizziness and facial paralysis). He undertook a specialist Fellowship in Neurotology and Otological implantation at Queen’s Medical Centre in Nottingham. He runs specialist Voice, Balance and Dizziness clinics for both adults and children alongside Otology (Ear), and general ENT clinics. He also has expertise in complex facial pain and migraine.
He is BMJ Visiting Professor of Balance Medicine and lectures nationally and internationally on balance medicine and especially Vestibular Migraine.
Professor Judd’s surgical expertise includes complex mastoid and ear surgery, including Stapedectomy and Ossiculoplasty. He was one of the first surgeons in the UK to offer total Endoscopic Ear Surgery, a revolutionary minimally invasive method of complex ear surgery. He now trains other surgeons nationally in this technique.
In voice disorders, Professor Judd has surgical expertise in complex cases including the use local anaesthetic laryngeal procedures to restore voice. He also runs national and regional courses on voice surgery.
Outside the NHS, he has an interest in Facial Plastic Surgery and Non-surgical Facial Aesthetics. He is a Member of the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery. Professor Judd is highly experienced in the use of injectable treatments for facial rejuvenation and has successfully treated over 3,000 satisfied patients. He also has extensive experience of injectable treatments for Migraine and excessive sweating (Hyperhidrosis).
He is a recognised lecturer and teacher, holding the position of Honorary Associate (Clinical) Professor of Medical Education at the University of Nottingham and fulfils the role of Associate Clinical Sub-Dean for the University based at the Royal Derby Hospital. He has a Post-graduate Diploma in Clinical Education. He has trained many medical students and junior doctors.
Professor Judd is actively involved in research in all aspects of ENT, but especially complex ear disorders, balance disorders and the voice. He has published over 60 research papers in national and international journals and five book chapters. He has published two textbooks to date, and is currently writing two further books.
Other specialist interests:
- Neurotology (Brain and Ear disorders – balance, dizziness, Tinnitus, Facial Paralysis)
- Laryngology (Complex voice disorders)
- Facial pain and migraine
- Facial plastic surgery
- Non-surgical facial aesthetics
Services currently provided:
- Full range of ENT Surgical procedures, including a comprehensive paediatric surgical service.
- Cosmetic procedures
Professor Owen Judd works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health
Professor Owen Judd does not hold a share or financial interest in Derby Private Health.
Professor Owen Judd does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at Derby Private Health.
Professor Owen Judd does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Derby Private Health.
To find out more or arrange a consultation, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us now on 01332 785200