Year of qualification:
Areas of expertise:
- Robotic/ Laparoscopic Urological Surgery for Prostate and Kidney Cancer
- Minimal invasive (key Hole) surgeon
- Laser Surgery for Bladder out flow (Prostate, bladder neck and urethra) *Please enquire about the availability of this treatment before booking*
- General Core Urology (stones, UTI, Incontinence, Andrology etc)
Services currently provided:
- Robotic Radical Prostatectomy with pelvic node dissection
- Laparoscopic Radical Neprectomy
- General Core Urology
- Monday 1-2.30pm
- Tuesday 12-2pm
- Ad-hoc appointments Wednesday am, Thursday & Friday evenings
Mr Zafar is a Specialist Robotic and Laparoscopic (keyhole) Urological Surgeon. He completed his Urological training in East Midlands and successfully completed a year of fellowship training in Robotic, Laparoscopic and minimal invasive surgery in Paris.
Mr Zafar has a special interest in Prostate and Renal cancer and is currently performing Robotic/Laparoscopic surgery for Prostate and Renal cancer (Laparoscopic Radical Nephrectomy) at Derby Teaching Hospitals. He offers Robotic Surgery for all stages of Prostate Cancer and performs Robotic Pelvic node dissection as well.
Mr Zafar has completed various research projects which include:
- Methods to reduce warm ischemia during Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy
- Safety of Hem-o-lok clips during Laparoscopic Nephrectomy
- Management of Iatrogenic Ureteric Injury
- Temperature generated by use of various light cables
- PSA Screening trend among West of Scotland Urologist
- Use of Urine Cytology in detecting Bladder Cancer
- Nephrostomy for malignant disease outcome comparison
- Trifecta in Partial Nephrectomy for renal cancer.Recto-Urinary Fistula repair post prostate cancer treatment
- Learning curve of Holmium laser enucleation of Prostate.
- Fellow of the Royal college of Surgeons
- Memeber of the European Urological Association
- British Urological Association (Data submission for Renal and Prostate Cancer)
Mr Nauman Zafar does not hold a share or financial interest in Derby Private Health.
Mr Nauman Zafar does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at Derby Private Health.
Mr Nauman Zafar does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Derby Private Health.
To find out more or arrange a consultation, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us now on 01332 785200