Year of qualification:
Area of expertise:
Services currently provided:
- Outpatient and inpatient cardiology
- Ad-hoc appointments available as requested
- European Society of Cardiac Society
- European Society of Cardiovascular imaging
- British Society for Heart Failure
- European Society of Heart Failure
- British cardiac magnetic resonance imaging
Dr Ahmed has been working as a consultant cardiologist at the Derby Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation trust since 2015. Dr Ahmed is also a visiting consultant cardiologist at Nottingham City Hospital and Royal Stoke Hospital.
Dr Ahmed gained membership of the Royal College of Physicians of London in 2007 and has also completed training in general cardiology with the acquisition of specialist skills in complex cardiac rhythm device implantation, cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging and heart failure from Bristol Heart institute.
His particular interests lie in general adult cardiology, heart failure, modern cardiac imaging with echocardiography and cardiovascular magnetic resonance, heart rhythm disorders and complex cardiac pacing including cardiac resynchronisation and defibrillator therapy. Dr Ahmed also has a developing interest in inherited cardiac conditions, non-invasive assessment of coronary artery disease and cardiac CT.
Dr Ahmed is a certified cardiac device specialist by Heart Rhythm Society, USA and has a Level 3 accreditation for cardiac magnetic resonance imaging by European society of cardiology. In addition, ge is also accredited by The British Society of Echocardiography (BSE) in adult trans-thoracic echocardiography.
As part of his services, Dr Ahmed provides full assessment of patients with all aspects of heart disorders including investigation and management of breathlessness, ankle swelling chest pain, palpitations, arrhythmias, AF, blackouts, dizziness and fainting.
Other specialist interests:
- Cardiac Imaging, particularly Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Congestive cardiac failure
- Palpitations, Dizziness and Syncope , Arrhythmia (heart rhythm disorder)
- Angina (chest pain)
- Diseases of the heart valves
- Uncontrolled Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Myocardial infarction (heart attack)
- High Cholesterol, Shortness of breath
- Coronary artery disease
To find out more or arrange a consultation, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us now on 01332 785200