Year of qualification:
Areas of expertise:
General Surgery and Vascular Surgery
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (Glasgow)
- Royal College of Surgeons, (Edinburgh)
- British Medical Association
- Association of Surgeons Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Vascular Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Derby Medical Society
Krishna Lingam graduated from the University of Glasgow in 1986 and trained in the West of Scotland for 12 years. During this time, he was very fortunate to have been trained by renowned surgeons, as well as being exposed to a wide range of surgery covering upper and lower gastrointestinal surgery, vascular surgery and endocrine surgery, thereby making him a well rounded general surgeon. During his training, he also successfully completed his doctorate thesis in 1994, in the Surgical Management of Malignant Melanoma.
Mr Lingam was appointed as a General Surgeon, with an interest in vascular surgery, in 1999 at Derby Hospitals. He continues to practice general surgery along with vascular and endocrine surgery. His repertoire in surgery is extensive and ranges from minor investigations to major surgical procedures, as follows:
- Investigation of rectal bleeding
- Abdominal pain
- Lumps and bumps
- Minor general surgical problems such as haemorrhoids, anal fissures, abdominal and inguinal hernia, both open and laparoscopic, varicose vein surgery
- Major surgical procedures such as laparoscopic removal of gall bladder, bowl resection for benign bowel conditions, repair of aortic aneurysm, arterial bypass surgery, carotid surgery, thyroid and parathyroid surgery.
Mr Lingam has published papers in both vascular medicine and surgical treatment of malignant melanoma, as well as contributing to book chapters and peer reviewed journals. He has supervised Doctoral theses and continues to support his juniors in presenting papers both at national and international meetings. He also contributes to the Department of Vascular Medicine at the Royal Derby Hospital.
Since his appointment in 1999, Mr Lingam has been instrumental in developing the vascular unit at the Royal Derby Hospital in to a seven consultant vascular surgical unit with six interventional radiologists, providing vascular surgery for South Derbyshire. In 2013, he successfully integrated North Derbyshire vascular services with the South, to deliver a comprehensive vascular service for the whole of Derbyshire.
Mr Krishna Lingam works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- CS Healthcare (Healix)
- Police Mutual
- Vitality Health
Mr Krishna Lingam does not hold a share or financial interest in Derby Private Health.
Mr Krishna Lingam does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at Derby Private Health.
Mr Krishna Lingam does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Derby Private Health.
To find out more or arrange a consultation, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us now on 01332 785200