Year of Qualification:
Areas of expertise:
- Abdominal and groin hernia surgery
- Anti-reflux surgery
- General Surgery
- Laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery
- Upper Gastrointestinal surgery
- Tuesday afternoons
- Ad-hoc appointments available upon request
Services currently provided:
Laparoscopic (keyhole) procedures available:
- Cholecystectomy (removal of gall bladder)
- Nissen fundoplication (surgery for acid reflux)
- Repair of abdominal wall hernia (umbilical/epigastric/incisional)
- Repair of groin hernia (inguinal/femoral)
- Repair of hiatus hernia
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Open hernia repair
- Removal of ‘lumps and bumps’ (lipoma/sebaceous cysts)
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- British Hernia Society
- British Medical Association
- Medical Protection Society
- Royal College of Surgeons England
Mr Khaleel Fareed is a specialist Laparoscopic (keyhole) General and Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeon. He qualified from the University of Leicester and undertook his surgical training in Leicester and the East of England followed by a specialist fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic (keyhole) and Bariatric Surgery in Derby. Mr Khaleel Fareed was awarded a Travelling Fellowship to visit the prestigious Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden where he was able to learn and consolidate further his laparoscopic skills.
Mr Khaleel Fareed has a specialist interest in laparoscopic (key hole) hernia surgery and anti-reflux surgery.
Mr Khaleel Fareed is actively involved in teaching medical students and training junior surgeons. He regularly teaches on advanced laparoscopic (key hole) surgery training courses and other surgical training courses.
Most of Mr Khaleel Fareed’s spare time is spent with his wife, Nadia and three young children. In his occasional free moments he plays Badminton having been a previous international player and tries to get to the gym.
Mr Khaleel Fareed completed his Doctorate of Medicine (DM) from the University of Nottingham where he looked at the predictive effects of chemotherapeutic agents on oesophageal and gastric cancers. Mr Khaleel Fareed has presented his research work at many national and international meetings. Mr Khaleel Fareed has a published book chapter on ‘Enhanced surgical recovery in the obese patient’ and several other peer reviewed publications.
Other specialist interests:
- Anti-reflux and hiatus hernia surgery
- Hernia operations and gallbladder surgery
- Keyhole abdominal surgery
Mr Khaleel Fareed works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Vitality Health
- Healix Health Services
Mr Khaleel Fareed does not hold a share or financial interest in Derby Private Health.
Mr Khaleel Fareed does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at Derby Private Health.
Mr Khaleel Fareed does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Derby Private Health.
To find out more or arrange a consultation call us now on 01332 785200 or email us at email@example.com