Year of qualification:
Areas of expertise:
Hepatology and Gastroenterology
- Tuesday and Friday afternoons (NHS clinic times)
Dr Lawson was appointed as a Consultant at the Royal Derby Hospital in June 2009. He graduated from the University of Nottingham in 1997 and trained in Gastroenterology and Hepatology in the Trent region and Liver Transplant Unit at St James’s Hospital, Leeds. He is experienced in the management of the spectrum of gastrointestinal disease and has a special interest and sub-specialty accreditation in the management of liver disease. He appears on the specialist register for both Gastroenterology and Hepatology, and performs upper GI endoscopy, colonoscopy and ERCP.
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- Royal College of Physicians (RCP)
- British Society of Gastroenterology (BSG)
- British Association for the Study of the Liver (BASL)
- Medical Protection Society (MPS)
Dr Lawson has an MD from the University of Nottingham. His thesis explored the natural history of Hepatitis C infection in the Trent region. He is part of a UK-wide network of researchers conducting a Medical Research Council (MRC) funded £2 million study of Hepatitis C infection. He has previously published papers on Hepatitis C, Primary Biliary Cirrhosis, Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and Coeliac disease.
Medical education – Dr Lawson is actively involved in both undergraduate and postgraduate training and has a Masters degree in medical education.
Services currently provided:
- Outpatient consultation
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy including Gastroscopy, Sigmoidoscopy, Colonoscopy and ERCP
To find out more or arrange a consultation, email us at email@example.com or call us now on 01332 785200