Year of qualification:
Areas of expertise:
- Oral and Maxillofacial
- Head and Neck Surgery
- Tuesday mornings
- Friday mornings (specialist head and neck clinic)
- Alternate Monday afternoons
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons (England & Edinburgh)
- British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- British Association of Head and Neck Oncologists
- AO Craniomaxillofacial Surgery
- British Medical Association
Mr Laugharne qualified in medicine from Nottingham University, and dentistry from Manchester University. He undertook higher surgical training in the Trent rotation where he gained experience in a wide range of oral and maxillofacial surgery.
Mr Laugharne was appointed Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial/Head and Neck Surgeon at the Royal Derby Hospital in 2008. He undertakes general oral, maxillofacial surgery and has a specialist interest in head and neck cancer and reconstructive surgery, benign and malignant salivary gland disease and facial trauma. He is a core member of the Head & Neck multi-disciplinary team.
He is a member of AO UK faculty lecturing and teaching surgeons on the management of facial trauma and facial reconstructive surgery. He also treats benign and malignant facial skin lesions.
Author and co-author of numerous publications in specialist journals, and has presented research papers at national and international meetings.
- Head & neck oncology and reconstructive surgery
- Benign and malignant salivary gland disease
- Facial trauma
- Benign and malignant facial skin cancers
- Dentoalveolar surgery.
- Dentoalveolar surgery including wisdom teeth, simple teeth extractions & jaw cysts removal
- Neck lumps
- Orofacial/head & neck cancer
- Salivary gland surgery
- Facial trauma
- Head & neck skin lesions
Mr David Laugharne works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa On Demand
Mr David Laugharne does not hold a share or financial interest in Derby Private Health.
Mr David Laugharne does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at Derby Private Health.
Mr David Laugharne does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Derby Private Health.
To find out more or arrange a consultation, email us at email@example.com or call us now on 01332 785200