Year of Qualification:
Areas of Expertise:
- Bariatric Medicine
- General Endocrinology (parathyroid, thyroid, pituitary, adrenal)
- Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Surveillance
- Alternate Wednesdays, 5.30-7pm
Services currently provided:
- Assessment and management of medical complications of obesity
- Diagnosis and management of Endocrine Disorders
- Association for the Study of Obesity
- British Endocrine Society
- Lifetime member of the European Society of Endocrinology
- Royal College of Physicians
Dr David Hughes is a full time NHS Consultant in Diabetes and Endocrinologist at University Hospitals of Derby & Burton NHS Trust where he undertakes the following NHS activites:
- General endocrine clinics
- Adrenal & Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Surveillance clinics
- Joint Diabetes & Renal clinics
- Diabetes Foot clinics
- Bariatric medicine
- Multi-disciplinary meetings for adrenal disease, bariatric medicine & Diabetes Foot disease.
He qualified from the University of Southampton (BSc(Hons) BM) and undertook his Specialist training in the West Midlands before moving to Derby.
He is a Trustee for the Association for the Study of Obesity and co-ordinates the annual Midladnds ASO study day in association with colleagues throughout the Midlands.
He delivers regional talks on Endocrinology, Diabetes and Bariatric medicine to specialist colleagues, GPs and other healthcare professionals.
He has completed a research degree (MD) from the Department of Clinical & Experimental Medicine at the University of Birmingham and continues to actively particiapate in research at Royal Derby Hospital.
Mr David Hughes works with the following private medical insurance companies:
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Vitality Health
Mr David Hughes does not hold a share or financial interest in Derby Private Health.
Mr David Hughes does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at Derby Private Health.
Mr David Hughes does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Derby Private Health.
To find out more or arrange a consultation, email us at email@example.com or call us now on 01332 785200