Year of qualification:
- Daily from 5pm (except Monday)
Areas of expertise:
- Haematolo-Oncology, including the treatment of adult patients with acute and chronic leukaemias, lymphomas and myeloproliferative disorders.
- General Haematology, including the management of adult patients with unexplained anaemia and low platelet counts.
Services currently provided:
Out-patient and day-case care of patients with various Haematological conditions including:
- Unexplained anaemia
- Myeloproliferative disorders (essential thrombocythaemia, myelofibrosis, polycythaemia rubra vera)
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia
- Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia and related conditions
- Low grade lymphoma
- Immune-mediated conditions such as ITP and autoimmune haemolysis
- Bone marrow biopsies
Dr Millar graduated from Edinburgh University Medical School in 1994 and moved to Nottingham where he trained as a junior doctor at the Queens Medical Centre. After a brief period of time working in Clinical Immunology in Leicester, Dr Millar moved to Leeds in 2000 where he trained as a Registrar in Haematology. He took two years out of training to undertake laboratory-based research in Edinburgh and gained his doctoral thesis in Haematology. During this time he was also a Clinical Lecturer at the University of Edinburgh Medical School.
After completing his training, Dr Millar took up a position as a Consultant Haematologist at the James Cook University Hospital in Middleborough from 2007 until 2010. He then moved to become a Consultant in Derby, where he is currently head of service for Haematology as well as Trust lead for intra-thecal chemotherapy.
Dr Millar is principle investigator for a number of national Haematology trials currently being run within Derby Hospitals. He is also the multi-disciplinary (MDT) Haematology research lead for the Trust.
Other specialist interests:
Dr Millar holds a masters degree in Medical Law (with distinction). He undertakes medico-legal work.
Dr Christopher Millar does not hold a share or financial interest in Derby Private Health.
Dr Christopher Millar does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at Derby Private Health.
Dr Christopher Millar does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Derby Private Health.
To find out more or arrange a consultation call us now on 01332 785200 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org