Year of qualification:
Areas of expertise:
- Lower limb arthroplasty (Hip and knee replacements)
- Young adult hip pain
- Soft tissue hip pain
- Knee scopes
- Hip revision surgery
- Lower limb trauma
- Medico-legal reports
After training at University College & Middlesex Hospitals School of Medicine, London, Mr Stephen undertook his basic surgical training in Nottingham. Following a year of research into osteoporosis he then went on to specialist training in orthopaedics in the Mid Trent region.
Mr Stephen undertook a sabbatical in Exeter, where the Exeter hip was developed and has also worked in Brisbane, Australia on a hip fellowship. He commenced his consultancy in Derby in 2004 and has been instrumental in developing the Royal Derby Hospital as a reference centre for the use of the Exeter hip replacement.
Other specialist interests:
- Lower limb arthroplasty with special interest in the hip, including revisions and resurfacing.
- Mr Stephen is a development panel member for a number of new hip replacement designs with several different companies
- ‘Patient-matched’ technology for knee replacements.
- Recovery techniques for faster rehabilitation of patients.
To find out more or arrange a consultation, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us now on 01332 785200