Year of qualification:
Areas of expertise:
- Lower limb arthroplasty (Hip and knee replacements)
- Young adult hip pain
- Soft tissue hip pain
- Knee scopes
- Hip revision surgery
- Lower limb trauma
- Medico-legal reports
After training at University College & Middlesex Hospitals School of Medicine, London, Mr Stephen undertook his basic surgical training in Nottingham. Following a year of research into osteoporosis he then went on to specialist training in orthopaedics in the Mid Trent region.
Mr Stephen undertook a sabbatical in Exeter, where the Exeter hip was developed and has also worked in Brisbane, Australia on a hip fellowship. He commenced his consultancy in Derby in 2004 and has been instrumental in developing the Royal Derby Hospital as a reference centre for the use of the Exeter hip replacement.
Other specialist interests:
- Lower limb arthroplasty with special interest in the hip, including revisions and resurfacing.
- Mr Stephen is a development panel member for a number of new hip replacement designs with several different companies
- ‘Patient-matched’ technology for knee replacements.
- Recovery techniques for faster rehabilitation of patients.
Mr Arthur Stephen works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
Mr Arthur Stephen does not hold a share or financial interest in Derby Private Health.
Mr Arthur Stephen does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at Derby Private Health.
Mr Arthur Stephen does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Derby Private Health.
To find out more or arrange a consultation, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us now on 01332 785200